This extension allow playing/pausing videos by clicking on a screen. Similar to youtube videos behaviour.
To install, drop "clickpause.lua" into the VLC extensions directory. The extensions directories are located at:
- OS X systemwide: /Applications/VLC.app/Contents/MacOS/share/lua/extensions/
- OS X current user: ~/Library/Application Support/org.videolan.vlc/lua/extensions/
- Linux systemwide: depends upon distro
- Linux current user: ~/.local/share/vlc/lua/extensions/
- Windows systemwide: C:\Program Files\VideoLan\VLC\lua\extensions\
- Windows current user: I have no idea
This extension was tested and sound working at following configurations:
- VLC: 2.0.1; OS: Windows XP
- VLC: 2.0.5; OS: Linux
But it doesn't depend on specific things, and highly probably would work on other configurations.
In "View" menu tick "Click screen to Play/Pause".
- You need to tick it every time you open VLC. This is a limitation of VLC lua api.
Not only I will be thankfull to you, but you will also support my further work.